The city in a few words
- Dallas and its area is home to a large number of collectors and buyers. The city, just like its art fair, has now developed several museums and art institutions, most of them privately owned. Dallas has a museum of art, the DMA (Dallas Museum of Art) which offers a fairly general approach and a collection of Texan art. There is also the African American Museum, which has a large collection of American artists of African descent, as well as the Meadow Museum, which brings together an important collection from Renaissance to Modern Art.
- Dallas and its region have a large pool of buyers and collectors, are attracting more and more galleries from around the world.
- Dallas is the distribution and shipping center for oil, natural gas, minerals and agricultural products from the surrounding region. Specializing in light and precision industries (automotive accessories, electronic and electrical equipment, missiles) and Southwest's first banking center, it is the headquarters of many insurance companies and oil companies.
- The Dallas area is sometimes called the "Silicon Prairie" (Texas Silicon Valley).
- The Dallas Arts District boasts five world-class museums of Western, classical and modern art, including the famous DMA, and dozens more in development thanks to the generosity of the great local collectors.
Create a project Join a project