The city in a few words
- Beijing is one of the most developed cities in China with tertiary industry.
- Finance is the largest business and Beijing hosts 26 companies of the Fortune Global 500, the third result behind Tokyo and Paris.
- Beijing is however the cultural capital of China. The city alone houses a hundred museums and an entire district dedicated to art and mostly to contemporary art.
- This area of the arts beaome the fifth destination in the ranking of sites to visit. In other words, the 798thArt District is today a mandatory visit during a sojourn in the Chinese capital.
- The city also has a deep and rich historical heritage. The Chinese Art Market has grown tremendously in the last decade and local collectors are becoming very active in Western art.
Create a project Join a project